Greetings Residents and General Medical Officers!
My name is Megan Loftsgaarden, and I am proud to be your 2016-2017 Post-Graduate/Resident representative for the Association of Military Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons.
I am personally inviting you to join us at this year’s National conference in Tacoma, WA March 8-11, 2018. This year, we are offering:
- NEW this year: Resident Research Poster Competition.
- Resident table trainers in surgical skills, OMT, Ultrasound evaluation (Musculoskeletal and acute care)
- Resident-led “ADT Bootcamp” with our medical students: how to present on rounds, how to succeed in intern year, mock interviews.
- Specialty and branch specific mentorship opportunities
- For GMO’s applying for residency, we have invited Air Force, Army, and Navy program directors and GME representatives as an opportunity to network, improve your application packet and interview skills and navigate the application process
This organization needs residents, new attending physicians, GMOs, and experienced attending physician medical officers to advocate for us at the national levels of osteopathic leadership. AMOPS offers both the medical education, professional and military career guidance that you do not receive elsewhere. Additionally, it is your chance to give back to support to our medical student members, and recruit our senior leadership to advocate for the younger generations of osteopathic medical officers.
AMOPS is here to serve the needs of our members, so I am asking you, what do you need from AMOPS, how can we improve?
Please take this brief survey and fill out your contact information if you’d like to be a table trainer, participate on a GMO or specialty panel, have other suggestions for this organization, or how I can serve you better as your post-graduate representative. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6BVL6SF
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.
These are just a few of the programs we have in store for March 2018. I hope to see you there!
DO, CPT, MC, US Army
PGY3 Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Join AMOPS: http://amops.org/join-amops-today/